Based in Worcester / London
£75k package, including car allowance, benefits and pension contribution
Skills for Security, the skills body for the security industry are seeking a Director General to join their expanding team in Worcester/ London. They work with employers to set National Occupational Standards, improve security skills and professionalism by providing access to training, apprenticeships and security qualifications for people employed in security roles across the UK.
As a Director General you will:
- Provide strategic direction for the Company, leading, managing and coaching the executive management team.
- Have a strong emphasis on new business generation, both personally and for the Company, in excess of £1m per annum.
- Be responsible for the successful financial and commercial performance of the Company.
- Act as the lead representative of Skills for Security, maintaining excellent relationships with all relevant bodies, and stakeholders such as BSIA, BIS, UKCES, SFA, SIA, TSyI, WCoSP, CPNI, Home Office, Police and the leaders of all the major security organisations and the four Home Nations.
- Fully understand and be able to publicly articulate the skills and employment development agenda, whilst fully understanding of the needs of the security sector.
The ideal Director General will hold the following skills and experiences:
- Previous experience of working in the commercial sector at a senior level.
- Experience in the selling and delivery of skills training and development.
- Security Industry experience is highly desirable, especially if you will have worked across a number of sectors such as manned guarding, electronics or training.
- Previous profit and loss responsibility within a sizable commercial organisation with responsibility for driving the strategic direction of a business development team.
- Experience of working with a broad section of individuals, commercial organisations, regulators or standards setting groups and government.
- A background of working with apprenticeship programmes is desirable as Skills for Security is the Issuing Authority for the English Apprenticeship Frameworks for occupations in Security.
- Competence and experience in making presentations as a key responsibility of the Direct General is to promote the Skills for Security vision, objectives, products and services to customers, stakeholders and external bodies, and in general to raise the profile of the industry.
In return you will receive a salary package of £75,000 including car allowance, benefits and pension contribution.
For further information, please call +44 (0) 8450 750 111 or email: Julia.Hunt@skillsforsecurity.org.uk