The British Security Industry Association (BSIA) is encouraging local businesses to register for their free place at the upcoming North West Security Procurement Conference, taking place at the Holiday Inn in central Liverpool on Wednesday 3rd May. Sponsored by ATEC Fire & Security Ltd and Securitas UK, and supported by Merseyside Police, the half-day event gives delegates the opportunity to hear from a range of expert speakers on the importance of quality in order to make the most out of their security investments.
ACC Ian Critchley QPM of Merseyside Police will officially open the event, followed by a range of presentations aimed at helping businesses make smarter purchasing decisions to make sure the security they have in place is fit for purpose and will deliver long-term business benefits.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Pauline Norstrom, Managing Director of NetVu and Immediate Past Chair of the BSIA. With a 16 year background in the security industry, Pauline is passionate about the importance of quality as a purchasing decision. Her presentation covers ‘The real price of security systems’, examining the whole life cost of the security system and exploring the price vs quality debate from the perspectives of both buyers and sellers of security solutions.
- Detective Inspector Robbie Moss of Merseyside Police, will present on ‘Reducing threat, harm and risk to local business’, discussing an investigation he led as Senior Investigating Officer into armed robberies at several newsagents in the North Merseyside area, and how security solutions can be an effective tool in solving crime.
- David Wells, Commercial Director for Securitas Security Services (UK) Ltd in the North, will be advising on best practice procurement for security guarding. David has 17 years’ experience in the private security industry, with a wealth of operational knowledge across a variety of sectors.
- Steve Lampett, Technical Officer at the BSIA, will be speaking about British Standards and the important role they can play in helping businesses choose quality security products and services.
- Simon Adcock, Chief Executive Officer of ATEC Fire & Security and Chairman of the BSIA’s CCTV Section, will explore the idea that ‘Price is not everything’, Simon will be helping technology buyers define their needs in order to find a great security partner.
As well as a comprehensive speaker programme, delegates will also have the opportunity to network over a light lunch and see a range of security products and services from a variety of exhibitors, including: Securitas Security Services (UK) Ltd, ATEC Fire & Security, Gallagher Security, Humax Electronics Co Ltd and Safe Shred.
Delegates can register for their free place at the following link: https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/RMJG8MZ
A full event programme can be found here.