23 member companies belonging to the British Security Industry Association (BSIA) have been recognised for their excellence in providing top-class security products and services at this year’s Security and Fire Excellence Awards.
BSIA members triumphed in 10 out of 24 security-related categories at the glittering awards ceremony held at London’s Hilton Hotel on Park last week (Thursday 27th November). Organised by UBM Live and hosted by Showsec, the awards aim to acknowledge the security industry’s best practitioners and projects, celebrating excellence in a number of categories including technological innovation, partnership working and service provision.
A new introduction for this year’s ceremony was the award for ‘Best Deployment of Lone Worker Technology’, which has been introduced this year in acknowledgement of the growing market for lone worker protection against a backdrop of increased business awareness of duty of care obligations. Winning in this category was Guy’s and St.Thomas’ NHS Foundation Trust utilising Skyguard.
Award entries were shortlisted earlier this year and then judged by a panel of independent industry experts based on a set of scrupulous criteria individual to each of the 24 categories. Among the judges this year were Patrick Dealtry, Chairman of the BSIA’s Lone Worker Section, Mike Bluestone, Director of Security Consulting at BSIA member company, Corps Security, Terri Jones, Director General at Skills for Security.
The achievements of BSIA members were recognised across 17 categories during the judging process, and 10 received awards.
• Kings Security Systems Limited - Engineers of Tomorrow Award
• Corps Security - Inspiration in HR
• Skyguard Limited - Best Deployment of Lone Worker Technology
• Tyco Fire Protection Products - CCTV Camera Equipment of the Year
• Wilson James - Contribution to Standards in the Security Sector
• Securitas - Enterprise Risk Management Project of the Year
• OCS Group UK Ltd - Security Partnering Initiative of the Year
• Pilgrims Group Ltd - Security Training Initiative of the Year
• ATEC Security Ltd - Systems Integrator of the Year
• CIA – Engineers of Tomorrow Award (Second Place)
James Kelly, Chief Executive of the BSIA, commented: “Our congratulations go to all of those members whose dedication to delivering the highest standard of products and services was recognised in last night’s awards. Our members are all committed to the ongoing development of the UK’s private security sector, and I am pleased to see that many members’ contributions to raising standards and developing new technical innovations received official recognition in last night’s awards.”
For a full list of winners, visit http://www.securityexcellenceawards.co.uk/
For more information about joining the BSIA, or to locate a reputable security provider near you, visit www.bsia.co.uk