Joining the BSIA's Access Control Section
Companies wishing to join the BSIA's Access Control Section must meet the following criteria in order to be admitted to the section:
- Access control system installer – a company able to demonstrate that either 90% of their turnover is derived from the sale of access control work or that the turnover derived from access control work is not less than £500,000.
- Access control equipment supplier or distributor – a company supplying but not installing electronic access control equipment. an access control equipment manufacturer may not have 50% or more of the equity of such a company
- Access control equipment manufacturer – a company engaged in the manufacture and/or assembly of access control equipment and having a registered office in the uk. companies must also be able to demonstrate that either 90% of their turnover is derived from the sale of access control work or that the turnover derived from access control work is not less than £500,000.
Access Control Section Employee Screening and Training
- In accordance with clause 2.7 of the Model Rules for Sections of the BSIA, members should ensure that all employees whose employment may involve them in the acquisition of, or access to, knowledge of a confidential nature, improper use of which could involve the member, any client of the member or a third party in a security risk shall be screened prior to employment with the object of ascertaining, by examination of prospective employees' background, that they are of good character.
- Members shall ensure that all staff receive adequate and regular training
For more information about joining the BSIA, or for advice on achieving the above criteria, call Sharon Mughal on 07803 891742.