The Guild of Security Industry Professionals launches in the UK!
Press Release (external)
A dedicated Peer Support Network for Front Line Security Workers
On Saturday 1st August 2020, the ‘Guild of Security Industry Professionals’ is born!
The people behind the groundbreaking security industry publication, ‘The Professional Security Officer Magazine’ (TPSO), are launching an initiative that will finally provide a voice for an estimated 400,000 front line professionals.
The NEW "Guild of Security Industry Professionals: (GoSIP) will not only be giving a say to the legions of hard-working men and women, in 'the shop window' of one of the U.K.'s largest industries, it is a peer support network providing:
• massively discounted training opportunities from some of the most respected companies in the business
• career guidance
• a conduit for the views and opinions of its members
• free CPD resources
• campaigning to promote good news and stories of security industry excellence, to counter negative media and public misconceptions, in support of the Security industry initiative to change perceptions of security officers in the public domain: https://www.bsia.co.uk/blogs/81/security-industry-to-reset-perceptions-o
• a way to raise concerns at Govt and Legislative levels about the unacceptable levels of violence and aggression that security staff regularly suffer in the course of their duties
• all verified front line security operatives will be given their first 12 month's membership free – ongoing annual registration fees will be on a sliding scale, including ongoing free memberships for colleagues in financial hardship.
The Guild is already working closely with numerous industry stakeholders, to help change perceptions, improve training standards and make a career in physical security a desirable, respected and justly rewarded vocation.
For more information visit: https://gsip.co.uk/ .........”
Note to editors:
This is a game-changing initiative for the UK security industry and has already gained extensive support.
Any questions or for further information, please contact:
Michael O’Sullivan at: [email protected] – 07751 383 973
Or Rollo Davies at: [email protected] - 07754 793 403