IFSEC Global Influencers in Security & Fire 2020 announced
On Tuesday 15 September, IFSEC Global released the winners of this year’s Influencers in Security and Fire awards.
Chosen based on nominations judged by a panel of highly respected judges, the influencers now span seven categories, with nominees and winners coming from across the globe. This year, the awards had over 200 different nominations across the categories.
The categories, which are designed to cover roles spanning the sector, included:
• Commercial Security – End users (including Security Directors/Heads of Security)
• Commercial Security – Security Executives
• Commercial Security – Association Figures/Academics/Thought Leaders
• Cyber Security Professionals
• One to Watch – Security
• Commercial Security – Manufacturers/Vendors/Integrators/Installers
• Fire Safety (primarily UK-based)
The process consisted of two stages. First, IFSEC Global invited nominations from its audience and beyond. Then, a panel of judges – many of whom have been named as previous influencers – assigned points to each nomination based on the persuasiveness of the nomination, their research into the nominee, and their own knowledge of the nominee’s contributions to the field. The numbers of influencers assigned to each category reflects the number and quality of the nominations submitted.
‘Influencer’ was defined in the following ways:
• Someone who has played a key role in driving technological innovation
• Someone who has been a driving force in changing regulation, standards, guidance or best practice
• Someone whose insights and opinions are widely respected and are influential in shaping debate around industry issues
• Someone who has been instrumental in the success of the organisation or business they lead or are employed by
• Someone who has helped to raise the industry’s profile or been an influential voice in the national media
James Moore, Editor of IFSEC Global, commented: “This is my first year running the IFSEC Global Influencers in Security & Fire awards, and I was blown away by the engagement we had. The nominations were all extremely high quality, and it was eye-opening to see the levels of dedication and professionalism in the sector on a global scale.
“Ultimately, these awards should act as a celebration of all those who have been working hard to improve standards and enhance the reputation of the sectors in which they are involved over the past 12 months. It’s been a challenging time for many individuals and businesses, so it is a privilege to announce such positive news. I would like to thank all those who submitted nominations and all the judges who took the time to assess the entries and provide their scores. I’m already looking forward to next year!”
Grant Lecky continued his role as Head Judge this year, with Bonnie Butlin also supporting his efforts coordinating the judging process. Grant is co-founder of the Security Partners Forum, a network of security professionals that fosters greater communication and collaboration between the public, private and non-profit sectors across the globe. Bonnie is also co-founder and Executive Director of the Security Partners Forum, among many other projects.
In addition to the SPF, Grant currently serves as an Expert Network Member (Risk & Resilience) at the World Economic Forum, is a member of the global advisory council of the Institute of Strategic Risk Management (ISRM) and is a winner of numerous accolades including a spot on the Canadian Who’s Who and the Bill Zalud Award through the IFPO and Security Magazine.
Grant co-ordinated the additional 20 judges for the security categories, and three judges for the fire safety category – which was primarily based around the UK market.
IFSEC Global is a leading news and content resource for those involved in the security and fire safety sectors. Running alongside its sister evens, IFSEC International and FIREX International, readers can expect the latest news, updates and opinions from thought leaders and industry.
Entries for the 2021 IFSEC Global Influencers in Security & Fire will open early next year.