BSIA Membership Charter
The BSIA is the voice of the professional security industry, supporting and encouraging excellence and educating the marketplace on the value of quality and professional security; whilst creating an environment in which to flourish.
The BSIA is a not for profit Trade Association established in 1967 representing the Professional Security Industry. We have 14 active sections covering the length and breadth of the security industry across all areas of Manpower, Electronic and Physical security.
We represent and lobby for our members at the highest levels of government whilst providing support, guidance and opportunities to grow and enhance your business day to day.
Why join the BSIA?
- We work with you to develop a programme that suits your business needs to maximise the investment in membership.
- Use of the BSIA logo – the symbol of quality, professionalism and the highest level of service within the professional security industry.
- We lobby for and represent our members at the highest level of government and industry groups.
- We work extensively with our members to act as a vehicle to promote, showcase and support the great work our members carry out in multiple ways across multiple platforms.
- Our networks and links to local, trade and national press along with our strong social presence allow us to act as a conduit for key messaging and unrivalled promotional opportunities within the industry.
- Benefit from some of our key Partnerships – Department of International Trade, UK Defence & Security Exports, Security Industry Authority, Joint Security and Resilience Centre, Resilience Industry Suppliers Community.
- Our Technical team is led by industry experts, who will provide updates, guidance and expertise to support your business and wider industry.
- The BSIA represents the length and breadth of the industry through 14 active sections that each meet at least four times a year.
- Shape the future of the professional security industry by taking part in the creation and development of standards pertinent to your sector.
- We have special interest groups ranging from Cyber Security through to Health and Safety and HR providing critical industry knowledge and best practice sharing.
Specialist and additional benefits
- Skills for Security -
A wholly-owned subsidiary of the BSIA, Skills for Security through advice, guidance, training and qualifications – works with organisations to improve skills and professionalism within the sector
- SaferCash/SaferGems -
These dedicated teams gather and share intelligence within the sector to raise awareness and increase levels of safety and security to our members.
- Affinity Benefits -
Take advantage of our new and existing partnerships that will support your personal and business needs throughout the membership lifecycle.