British Security Awards 2022 – security officers and businesses recognised as leading industry awards return to the live arena
The BSIA’s flagship event, the British Security Awards, returned to the live stage for the first time since July 2019 to recognise security officers and businesses working to keep people, property and places professionally protected during the last 18 months.
In an emotional return to the live arena in its 25th year, the British Security Awards, held at the London Marriott Grosvenor Square in front of a sold out audience, celebrated security excellence with 16 awards presented to security officers and businesses in front of clients and leading industry stakeholders. The show also featured the Chairman’s Award as well as the SaferCash Bravery Award, which recognised three members of the public for their courage in an armed robbery, and the Police Partnership Initiative Award, which recognised valuable work in reducing ATM crime.
The awards were presented by BAFTA nominated journalist Sam McAlister with the SaferCash awards being presented by Assistant Chief Constable of the West Midlands Police, Jayne Meir.
The 2022 winners are:
- Best Newcomer: Julian Stone - Allied Universal
- Service to the Customer: Paul Williams - Mitie
- Outstanding Act: Richard Kawar & Team - OCS Group
- Security Manager of the Year: Kieron Doyle – Securitas UK
- Best Team: Templars Square Shopping Centre - Westgrove Group
- Apprentice of the Year: Owen Nelson - EFT Systems
- Best Use of Technology: Lora Wireless - GJD Manufacturing
- Installer of the Year: Mitie
- National Partnership: Electronic Call Handling Operations - ECHO
- Innovative Security Project: Domestic Abuse Reduction Strategy - SmartWater Group
- Corporate Social Responsibility: Song for the homeless - Securitas UK
- Environmental Project: Met Office project - Galliford Try
- SME of the Year: Fenix Monitoring
- Business of the Year: SecuriGroup
- Contribution to the Industry: Iain McCallister - MAN Commercial Protection
- Public Bravery: Joanne McCoy, Christopher Poulson, Lindsay Tomlinson
- Police Partnership Initiative: Supt Warren Franklin Force Prevent Lead for Kent Police
Mike Reddington, Chief Executive, BSIA, said: “The British Security Awards were created 25 years ago to recognise those in our industry and particularly those operating on the front line who frequently go above and beyond to protect people and property and this year we have seen a record number of entries.
“It was an honour and a privilege to be able to recognise our winners and finalists for their professionalism, innovation and commitment to our industry. The scale of achievement we see every year from across each sector is remarkable, and our awards enable us to recognise the outstanding work being carried out by members of both the Association and the wider industry in keeping people, property and places professionally protected on a daily basis.
“As always, the standard of nominations has been exceptional this year, and the judging panel, made up of independent experts from across the industry have had a very difficult job selecting the winners. It is therefore a fantastic achievement by all the finalists.”
The British Security Awards 2022 were sponsored by Camberford Underwriting, SaferCash, TEAM Software, NSI, Texecom, Fenix Monitoring, OCS Group, Skills for Security, Galliford Try Asset Intelligence, Sentinel Group Security and IFSEC International and its official media partner was Security Matters.
For 2023, the awards will be returning again on Wednesday 28 June.