Skills for Security: Traineeship programme
Skills for Security is a training provider who is committed to demonstrating a career development culture as part of its mission. We aim to support the aspirations of all our Traineeship Learners; so, to ensure that they gain the underpinning knowledge, understanding, skills and qualifications for them to progress and achieve in learning and work.
We believe that an inclusive learner lead programme whereby collaborative workings is established not only contributes to their emotional, physical, and mental wellbeing but also to a wider purpose just as reducing youth unemployment, business skills gaps and the economy.
Skills for Security seeks to prepare learners for the rich, diverse, and sometimes difficult lives they may face. Through personal empowerment and preparation for citizenship, we provide our learners with the knowledge they need to show respect to all members of their diverse communities, whilst also developing a good sense of self-esteem and self-worth personally and professionally.
The traineeship is a skills focused programme designed for young people who need that additional support to move into education, employment, or training. The programme offers an access route for many young people who otherwise would potentially struggle with progression independently.
Our strategy is to:
· support learners’ aspirations and secure positive destinations
· meet the needs of specific groups such as young people from economically deprived backgrounds
· to provide an inclusive learning environment to learners
· developing learners skills, especially those associated with career resilience, and employability
· to provide an access route into the learners career sector of choice
· improve young people’s lives by helping them to identify the values that are important, and how to keep themselves safe
Ø Business Admin
Ø Customer Service
Ø Fire, Emergency and Security Systems
Ø Warehouse Operative
Ø Security Officer – London Only