SmartCom V3.0 - Firmware upgrade available with enhanced WiFi drivers and IoT security updates
Texecom is pleased to announce the release of SmartCom V3.0 firmware, available for immediate download and remote upgrade via Texecom Cloud or Texecom Connect.
SmartCom V3.0 firmware offers significant performance and resilience upgrades, including:
- Updated and enhanced WiFi drivers for improved WiFi connectivity
- Improved automatic WiFi reconnection when router restarts
- Updated Linux operating system with latest IoT security protection
- Updated LED functionality to ensure consistency with SmartCom 4G (coming soon)
- SmartCom V3.0 LED Functionality
SmartCom V3.0 has new LED functionality to ensure consistency between the SmartCom and the upcoming SmartCom 4G.
With SmartCom V3.0 the Power LED has been replaced with a Mobile Comms status LED, a feature of the upcoming SmartCom 4G
The Power LED was unnecessary as at least one other SmartCom LED is always active, indicating power to the unit SmartCom V2 to V3
All previous SmartCom versions are compatible with SmartCom V3.0 firmware.
Texecom recommends installers remote upgrade their field-deployed SmartCom portfolio using Texecom Cloud or Texecom Connect.